This site launched in May 2009, it has so far received a total of 21,695 views (according to WordPress Blog Stats 12/12/09) but due to client commitments and other projects its not yet finished, but it launched as it means to continue, in a state of perpetual BETA and creative development.
Below is the remaining to-do-list; and there’s still bigger Open-Source plans for the widget sidebar (right). Please do feel free to leave comments, feedback and ideas – constructive criticism is always appreciated – thank you in advance =)
- Finalize content, copy-writing and video uploads to help explain ‘What We Do’.
- Finish/Upload the latest Credentials document to display ‘Latest Work’ (including Design & Branding, Social-Tech in Education, Strategic Campaign Planning, Vehicle Livery and Academic Keynote Speaking… to name but a few things).
- Develop ‘Latest Endeavors’ into ‘Endeavor Blog’ and enhance Article Navigation, Search and Archive functions (potential WordCloud favourites feature), plus show ‘number of comments’ and ‘published dates’ in preview mode.
- UK/US dictionary options – comments and endeavor (endeavour) ?
- Add dates to blog posts with a CC auto-licensing feature
- Add a ‘scroll up – back to top of page tab’ [influenced by Toggle site]
- Add/adjust legal/disclaimer/socialmediapolicy info to blog – see blog discloser policy – also develop a short t&c reference link for email footer:
[…] Disclaimer: the following post is in draft format, much of the information needs clarification and my thoughts fell from my fingers into the keyboard without much consideration for the good work already being done – the following is not meant to be taken literally and it is not meant to dis-colour any local, government or academic authorities and initiatives – its simply my honest opinion and open thinking because that’s what blogs are for right? […]
[…] This email (which includes any files transmitted with it) is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing,
or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please notify Fellow™ by telephone on [.…]
[…] Email listing and data terms – emails will never be sold or distributed […]
- Develop a clear Social Media Policy and Online Participation Guidelines <great start from Carl Haggerty!
- Develop menu system (see dropdown header at fastco)
- Site currently runs User Agent (WordPress Mobile Edition), must check bug issue with DotMobi
- Investigate iPad version – current CSS has a bug which doesn’t allow scroll – and check this list! http://www.apple.com/ipad/ready-for-ipad)
- Investigate Android/RIM/Tablet compatibility
- Prepare EU Cookie Directive/Audit for ‘Essential Cookies (User Login, etc)’ and ‘Non-essential Cookies and Behaviour Tracking (Google Analytics, Social share Buttons etc)’ – see Cookie Law and Simple Wired Guide
- Consider/integrate a Tiny URL service (useful consideration/reference)
- Reconsider Phreadz functions
- Make Right Sidebar Collapsible/Minimizable (Eg. Less Intrusive)
- Create *Responsive* Design/Dynamic UX/UI (resize browser exampleA and exampleB)
- Add Lightbox functionality to Flickr Widget.
- Adjust/Create ‘Play-Audio-Within-Widget’ functions for the AudioBoo and Blip Widgets
- Adjust retweets icon – incorporate http://tweetmeme.com functionality
- Remove gap between tweet icon / comments header and comment panel
- Restyle comment and pingpack functions to add threaded commenting (*visual inspiration here* and system http://js-kit.com) and highlight own replies to community (Inspiration: http://personalmba.com/business-school-top-four and http://tweetsuite.ihatemornings.com)
- Look at gravatar integration
- Google+ integration ?
- Style PingBack Function (it currently kicks widget sidebar to the right)
- Develop fully customizable Widget-Set and release as OpenSource for WordPress
- Structure & re-assign all my registered domain names to support additional SEO
- Remove Seesmic button and add a related Quora Answer button.
- Work out a *page moving system/plugin* that doesn’t create dead links or dead google SEO urls
- Add ‘keyword related suggestions’ to the FailWhale 404 page – help users find the right content
- Incorporate Campaign Monitor / MailChimp functionality
- Develop animated Avatar (http://fromme-toyou.tumblr.com/tagged/gif)
- Investigate WPMU & BuddyPress stuff like CAPTCHA etc…–––Also look to add some links to inspirational/respected blogs:
Seed Series Finance Documents (used by Instagram for round 1 funding)